Those who opt to participate, must follow the rules of the IKB Kip certification scheme. All participating links guarantee that they do what they promised. This responds to the wishes from the purchasers and society. If you decide to participate in IKB Kip, you can register at a Certification Authority.
Process for participation in IKB Kip
- You must register at an acknowledged Certification Authority (CA). The CA makes an appointment for a certification inspection at your location.
- We advise you to look at the IKB norms for your company to prepare for the inspection.
- Before (or at the start of) the certification inspection, you must also sign a participation agreement.
- When all is agreed, you will receive the IKB Kip certificate and you will be included in the IKB register. You can find more information on this register at IKB Kip certified companies.
- In principle, a certificate is valid for 1 year.
- To receive a new certificate, an inspection must again be conducted before the end of your current certificate. You are responsible for timely arranging the required inspection.
For more information on the rates for inspection, evaluation, and such, please contact the CAs.
Additionally, a participation contribution is charged. The participation contribution is a contribution that is collected once a year (per certificate).
In order to set the amount of the contribution, the Central Board of Experts (CCvD) and the directors of PLUIMNED have examined the plans for next year and have determined the costs of these activities. The underlying principle is efficient implementation at the lowest possible cost. Whenever possible, the participants’ contribution will be reduced.
The table below shows the participants’ contribution for 2020.
|Individual IKB Kip participants||Participants’ contribution 2020 (excl. VAT)|
|Primary companies/farms||€ 350|
|Slaughterhouses/cutting plants||€ 350|
|Main site of a Multi-site||basic amount of € 2.500 plus € 25 per sub location|
The contributions from IKB Participants will for example be spent on the following activities:
● Management of IKB Kip certification programme
● Harmonisation with the sector - including via the Central Board of Experts (CCvD) at IKB Kip
● Support for (potential) IKB participants
● Steering towards and supervision of CIs
● Development of IKB Kip certification scheme
● Management of IKB database – this database includes all IKB inspection reports and an overview of all participants
In 2020, we will perform the regular tasks associated with the management of the scheme, such as answering questions from participants. We also want to increase the focus on communication and devote more attention to our relationship with the participants. Focus points for 2020 are:
- Increasing awareness of and appreciation for the IKB Kip quality mark;
- More efficient use of known data (e.g. for more efficient inspections);
- Monitoring performance IKB Kip and participants (e.g. to obtain greater insight into bottlenecks and how to resolve them);
- Completion of various projects that have been initiated to strengthen IKB Kip (e.g. support in safeguarding use of resources).
The participation contribution is independent of the costs for inspection and evaluation by the CA.