Those who opt to participate, must follow the rules of the IKB Kip certification scheme. All participating links guarantee that they do what they promised. This responds to the wishes from the purchasers and society. If you decide to participate in IKB Kip, you can register at a Certification Authority.
Process for participation in IKB Kip
- You must register at an acknowledged Certification Authority (CA). The CA makes an appointment for a certification inspection at your location.
- We advise you to look at the IKB norms for your company to prepare for the inspection.
- Before (or at the start of) the certification inspection, you must also sign a participation agreement.
- When all is agreed, you will receive the IKB Kip certificate and you will be included in the IKB register. You can find more information on this register at IKB Kip certified companies.
- In principle, a certificate is valid for 1 year.
- To receive a new certificate, an inspection must again be conducted before the end of your current certificate. You are responsible for timely arranging the required inspection.
For more information on the rates for inspection, evaluation, and such, please contact the CAs.
Additionally, a participation contribution is charged. The participation contribution is a contribution that is collected once a year (per certificate).
In 2018, the participation rates amount to:
- Main site of a Multi-site: basic amount of € 2.000 plus € 20 per sub location
- Individual companies (KIP numbers): € 170
The participation contribution is independent of the costs for inspection and evaluation by the CA.